Hey guys! Welcome back. It’s my birthday!!! I am now 20 years old. So I figured I would do a very special birthday post and tell you 20 life lessons I have learned in the 20 years I have existed. Thank you so much for reading. Don’t forget to give this a like before you leave and comment below a life lesson or lessons you have learned.
1. Smile and laugh. It sounds so simple, but over the years I found that this helps. I struggled with anxiety and depression for years. But I found that the best way to get through it was happiness.
2. Don’t stress over the small things. I’m still kind of learning this one, but I have definitely gotten better. Things always seem to work out, whether I stress or not. So I choose not to. It just isn’t worth my time or energy when if it’s meant to be it will be.
3. The friends that are meant to stay will. I have an entire post about friendships and why they don’t always last forever. So if you’re interested definitely be sure to check that out. But one thing I have learned is that the friends you make may not always be around. And that’s not necessarily anyone’s fault. It just happens.
4. What other people think of you is not nearly as important as what you think of yourself. I used to always worry about what other people thought of me or said about me. And I still struggle with this. .But I started focusing more on how I saw myself and life just got so much easier.
5. Enjoy the time you get with the people you love. This one is pretty simple and something I think everyone learns in their own lives. Everyone learns it and experiences it differently, but I think everyone can say they try to enjoy what time they have with the people close to them.
6. Never doubt yourself. This was so incredibly difficult for me to learn, but it’s so important. I learned not to doubt my thoughts and feelings and decisions. Because they come from me. And only I know what is best for me and what I need and want out of life. So I had to stop being insecure and doubting my choices and decisions just because other people didn’t approve.
7. Know your worth. And never settle for anything less. Remove anyone and anything in your life that is negative and doesn’t value you and see your worth. Figure out yourself and then start making those hard choices. Removing people from your life can be a pain, especially if you are close to them, but you have to. Knowing yourself and your worth will make that so much easier.
8. There is always a silver lining. At the end of every storm, you see the silver lining. Everything happens for a reason. There is a lesson or purpose for everyone and everything. But just remember, “Life doesn’t get easier, you get stronger”.
9. Anything worth while might not come easily. Some of the greatest opportunities and rewards in life come after hard work and perseverance. And that’s not always easy. Sometimes we want to cheat or cut corners, but we shouldn’t. I have learned to put my best effort in everything I do and I will get there. It won’t be easy, but that’s okay.
10. Tell the people you care about that you love them. You might miss that opportunity someday and regret it. So do it now before it is too late.
11. Appreciate your siblings. My very best friends are my siblings. We fight, we laugh, we hug, we argue. At the end of the day we are there for each other. I love my siblings and wouldn’t trade them for anything.
12. Do what makes YOU happy. I may have learned this a little too late, but I learned it nonetheless. What you do with your time and energy should make you happy.
13. Take pictures. Taking pictures is a great way to capture moments and memories. I love looking back and being able to remember certain occasions and significant moments in my life.
14. Travel as much as you can. Even if it’s not very far. Go where ever you can whenever you can. Don’t miss out on seeing the world and being able to learn about different people and different things and ideas.
15. Let it go. Let go of all that negativity that you are holding on to. Let go of that relationship, or that insecurity, or that loss. Stop feeling regret and negative. Find the positives, learn the lesson and move on.
16. Forgive, even when they don’t deserve it. But don’t forget. Don’t fall into that trap again. Allow yourself to forgive for the sake of being free of whatever it was. But never forget what you went through.
17. Live life in the moment, but plan for the future. I learned a long time ago that envisioning the future can help you deal with the past and the present. I live my life for what it is, but I do my best to plan for the future and know what I’m working towards.
18. Not everyone will treat you as well as you treat them. Just because you love and care about someone, doesn’t mean they will return that. That was so hard for me to understand, especially growing up. No matter what I did or how hard I tried some people are just spiteful. And there’s nothing I can do about that.
19. Be yourself. Not everyone is going to like you. But as long as you like you, that’s all that matters. Other people shouldn’t shape you or make decisions for you. Stay true to yourself and good things will come.
20. You will end up where you are meant to be. I don’t know God’s plan for me or where I will end up exactly, but I know whatever and where ever it is, it will work out exactly as it is supposed to.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Also, don’t forget to follow this page. I post (almost) everyday, so there is always something new to read. I will see you next time.