Hey guys! Welcome back. After a couple of weeks I am finally picking this thing back up. Thank you so much to the people that stuck through that rough patch. Coming back to work and school has been rough, but I have survived. Today I wanted to give some advice to anyone out there who classifies themselves as an introvert. Going to college can be scary as an introvert, but these tips will help you.
1. Find your circle. Friends in college is not about quantity, it’s about quality. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have several friends. My Freshman year of college I had like 6-10 friends. Once you find your group, you will feel so much better. Don’t force yourself to be friends with someone. It should happen naturally.
2. Take advantage of opportunities. Join clubs, get a job, go to office hours. Do things that are going to get you ahead and a part of something. You will learn so much and this is also a great way to make friends.
3. Create your own fun. Find a hobby, read, start a blog (or keep blogging), watch Netflix, go on a walk, listen to music, etc. There are so many things you can do to have fun. You don’t have to party every night.
4. Carve out time for yourself. Going to the gym is a great way to do this. Also, blogging. It kind of goes hand in hand with #3. Make sure you have that time set aside for yourself whether it’s right when you wake up or right before you go to sleep or some time in between. Do what’s best for you.
5. It’s not weird to eat alone. If you prefer that then do it. Chances are no one is going to care. If people ask to sit with you, then that’s your call. But if no one bothers you don’t feel pressured to make friends immediately and sit with them. Eating alone is perfectly acceptable.
Those are my five tips for introverts. I hope you enjoyed it. If you did don’t forget to like it so I know to do more posts like it. Please follow if you are not already and I will see you next time!