Hey guys! Welcome back. I’ve said it before and I will say it again: college is great. However, we are sometimes mislead and misguided. I know before I started college I was given so much information from high school, the media, and other sources. And yes some of it was accurate and helpful, but some of it wasn’t all that true. So here are five truths and five lies you will hear before entering college.
- Professors are evil. They’re not. They’re just not. Most of them will actually care about you if you show them you are trying. Respect them and they will respect you.
- The work is super difficult. It is a lot more, but you are paying to be there so you have to do something. And most of the classes you take will be classes you want to take, after your first year or so. So really, if you think about it, it’s not all that bad.
- Making friends is difficult. Making friends in college is way easier than making friends in high school. Just trust me.
- You have to party every night. Having fun in college is important, but you don’t have to party every night to experience that. It’s perfectly fine to find a nice group of friends and just watch movies or Netflix together.
- You need a lot of stuff. You literally need clothes, shower stuff, food, toiletries, school supplies, and stuff for your bed.
- There are a lot of opportunities. This is true. Especially the first coupe of weeks. You will be able to make new friends, find where things are, and get some free stuff.
- Don’t over pack. This goes along with my last lie. You don’t really need that much stuff. And if you’re not careful you will run out of places to put things.
- Don’t take 8 a.m. classes if you can avoid it. If you are a morning person, go for it. But if not, I say take a pass. Trust me I know from personal experience they’re not fun.
- You won’t keep all of your friends. High school may have been great, but once you go your separate ways, that’s basically it in most cases.
- You need to step outside of your comfort zone. This is true. You won’t make many friends if you don’t put yourself out there. Just trust your instincts.
Those are my truths and lies of college. I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow if you’re not already and I will see you next time.