Hey guys! Welcome back. Finals week for me begins on Monday, so I thought I would share a few tips. This is my fourth semester of finals, so here are a few things I have picked up along the way.
1. Eat breakfast. I know it sounds cliche, but taking tests and studying is rather difficult on an empty stomach. Doing anything is uncomfortable on an empty stomach. So eat breakfast to make sure you stay on top of your game.
2. Get some sleep. Another super obvious one that you probably hear all the time, but again, it’s true. It does you know good to be so exhausted you can’t remember anything. It also does you know good, if worse than forgetting what you have learned and studied, you oversleep and actually miss the final. Go to sleep!!!
3. Don’t cram. Separate it out into reasonable sections. Start early and allocate plenty of time to study. Don’t try to refresh your memory one hour before the exam. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to devote to everything.
4. Don’t spend all of your time studying. You will get bored and zone out. Don’t force yourself to sit there and keep going. Take a break. Go for a walk. Clear your head.
5. Stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water beside you so you can hydrate. Don’t try to depend on caffeinated drinks. Drink water. It will do more for you.
6. Make a study schedule. Know when you will study for each class and stick to it. This will ensure that you actually study and that you have a plan.
7. Rewrite your notes. I know this sounds boring, but it is something that helps me more than anything. It is something I 100% guarantee works. You are more likely to find things that you are missing if you rewrite them.
8. Quiz yourself. This will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. You will be able to figure out what you need to spend the most time studying.
9. Take deep breaths. Breathe and remember that you can and will do this. Don’t stress too much. You are in complete control of these exams.
10. Celebrate. Once it is all over celebrate your successes. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishes. Continue to push yourself and work hard and nothing can stop you from making your dreams come true!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this or found it helpful in some way. Please like it if you did. Good luck on all of your finals if you still have them. Comment below any tips you have that I didn’t mention that could be helpful to someone else. Don’t forget to follow if you are not already and I hope to see you next time!