Hey guys! Welcome back. College is hard, but I am a firm believer that it is worth it. Sure there are some day that I don’t think I can handle it anymore, but I power through and come out stronger than ever College has been the best thing to ever happen to me and I thought I would share how it changed me and why it matters.
1. I learned independence. This wasn’t really a struggle for me. I mean I’ve never been super dependent on anyone. But college taught me that it’s okay to do things by yourself. Most of my afternoons and evenings are spent alone. I have learned that I really enjoyed eating alone. I study alone and everything. I don’t mind being independent. I’m not completely independent, but I’m getting there.
2. I take charge. I don’t always, but when the right opportunity comes along, I take charge. Typically in group projects or presentations. I tend to volunteer to go first because I hate going after other people and having to wait. I started a club in college which is something I never anticipated doing. I took charge of my own life which was refreshing to say the least.
3. I figured out who the important people are. You can’t be friends with everyone and you shouldn’t try. Not everyone who comes into your life will stay. Not everyone is fit to be in your life and you are not fit for everyone else. College has taught me who the important people are and who I should hold on to.
4. I learned that most people don’t know. Most people have no idea what they are doing, what they want to do, or where they are going. I am not alone in my struggle to figure out my life or my plan. It’s not a requirement. At some point I’ll have to figure it out, but for now it’s all open.
5. I became more aware of money. I still don’t manage it very well, but I know more about it now. I can figure things out more easily and I plan it the best I can. Money is tricky and if you’re not careful you’ll never have any.
6. I came out of my “shell”. I was always a shy quiet person. College brought me out of that. I learned what I was comfortable with and what I enjoyed. I learned about myself and who I want to become. College opened so many doors for me.
7. I became better at small talk. I’m still not the best, but in college you have to participate in small talk several times. So naturally, you get better at it.
8. I learned not to give a crap. College taught me that no one really cares what you look like or where you are from. No one cares how much money you have or what kind of car you have or don’t have. I learned not to obsess over things no one is paying attention to.
That’s it! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Comment down below some things college has taught you. Don’t forget to follow if you are not already and I hope to see you next time!