Hey guys! Welcome back. With a new year comes a new semester. Even if you’re not a college student, you can benefit from this if you are a busy, working person in general. I hope you enjoy this and find it helpful. If you have any other requests please let me know in the comments.
1. Make your bed. Always make you bed. Making my bed helps me feel accomplished even though it’s nothing major. It brings the room together and helps prevent you from wanting to climb back in. Making your bed can lead to even more productive events throughout the day.
2. Get ready. Once you are dressed, your hair is done, and your makeup is on, you are ready to start your day. You are less likely to climb into bed if you are dressed and feeling productive. At least that’s how it is with me. You are more likely to keep going if you aren’t in your most comfortable pajamas.
3. Make to-do lists. I do this everyday when I am in school. Check out my post on creating productive to-do lists. Having a list of things you need to do either written or typed out will make things more likely to get done. The chances of you remembering what needs to be done will be higher if you write them down in a place where you can see them.
4. Schedule your week in advance. I always do this on Sunday so I know exactly what is coming that week. This way I’m not surprised on Thursday when I realize what I need to do for Friday (relevant for any day of the week). Scheduling for the week in advance helps you stay organized and aware of what is needed and expected of you. It also prevents stress and unneeded breakdowns.
5. Buy a planner. Preferably buy one that you are going to use. Buying a planner is extremely tricky. You can’t just buy any planner because if you don’t like it you won’t use it. Buy one that you are comfortable with and that is a good size for you. Write down everything you need in it. All assignments, tests, presentations, events, meetings, etc. Your life will be so much easier.
6. Plan as much as possible. Plan your outfits, meals, activities, and everything that needs to be planned or can be planned. Plan your showers if you can. It’s best to have a structure because then you can’t put anything off. Have a set time to do things and a set time to have them done. That way you can’t avoid them.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. What are your tips for avoiding procrastination? Let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time.