Hey guys! Welcome back. Happy New Year’s Eve. This is not related at all, but I thought I would do a post on the best and worst parts of living in a dorm in college. Some people love it, while others hate it. I have come up with five reasons it is great and five reasons why it is not so great. Let me know if you agree in the comments and let me know if you would add anything to either side.
Let’s start off with the bad, so we can end on a positive note.
- Sharing a bathroom with the whole floor. This is definitely not a great thing. Communal bathrooms tend to be gross, even if you’re a girl.
- Barely surviving off the meal plan. The food they have usually isn’t great, but you can’t afford anything else.
- Not being able to cook. Having a microwave is great and all, but there is only so much you can do there. And it doesn’t help when you actually have to go out and buy stuff to cook in the first place.
- Having to pay for laundry. As if you aren’t already paying enough money.
- Sharing a room. This isn’t the worst thing, but it’s not always the best either. Sometimes having a roommate can drive you crazy.
- So many new friends. College is about meeting new people and living in a dorm can help make that happen.
- Most people stay up late. There is no one there to judge you for not going to bed by a certain time. Most people don’t.
- Someone will always have what you need. Whether it’s an emergency or you are just hungry (could be considered an emergency), it’s always nice to know the people around you that you can always count on.
- Your roommate might become your new best friend. While it’s not always an ideal living situation, having a roommate gives you the best opportunity at making a new best friend.
- No curfew and no rules. You don’t have to be back in your room by a certain time. You don’t have to eat at a certain time. You can hang out with your friends whenever you want. No one is there to make sure you do anything. You are independent and free.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!