Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I thought I would share five things I think we should do to make 2018 a great year. All the potential is there. We just have to act. Each new year is a time to reflect and grow. You can take any day of the year to change your life, but there is something about a new year that makes it seem like there really isn’t a better opportunity. You only have one life and it needs to count. Now is as good a time as any to start living the way you want. And you can do this by doing these five simple things.
1. Give thanks. Being thankful for what you have will show you how simply amazing your life really is. It’s easy to get caught up on the things we want or don’t have, but being grateful can change your heart. Giving thanks helps you focus on the good and you will be so much more positive.
2. Pray often. Open communication with God will make your life so much better. You will never feel alone. He is always there and ready to listen. That does not mean you will get every single thing you want to ask for; it simply means you are being heard. Strengthen your relationship with God and show that you are thinking of Him.
3. Love others. Being kind and gracious to others will help in more ways than you think. The world would be a better place if everyone loved everyone and showed respect. That goes without saying. But unfortunately we weren’t programmed that way. You should treat others the way you would like to, no matter how difficult it is with some people.
4. Forgive. This is increasingly difficult. It’s not always easy to forgive those who have done something wrong to you or hurt you. But the best way to set yourself free is to forgive and let it go. It will be hard, but it will be worth it.
5. Trust that it will all work out. There is a plan for you. You can’t control everything no matter how hard you try. Keep living your life. Things will happen that you don’t understand, and sometimes you won’t particularly like it, but it is all part of the plan. It all happens for a reason.
No matter what your New Year’s Resolutions are or aren’t, these five things can help you have a great year. Even just the four if you don’t believe in God. You can still have a happy life and make others around you happy. So be thankful, kind, and forgiving. You will see a change in yourself and how you feel. 2018 is destined to be a great year. I hope you all have an amazing year! I look forward to connecting with all of you more!
Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow if you are not already and I hope to see you next time!