Hey guys! Welcome back. I am back at school now, currently sitting in my dorm. I hope you have all had a fabulous Winter break. Mine was decent. I am glad to be back and I am ready to start the new semester. Going back to school after winter break is a unique feeling and if you’re a college student you probably know the feeling I am talking about. It’s a mixture of sadness, excitement, anxiety, and happiness all rolled up into one feeling that doesn’t quite have a name. Here are ten feelings most college students have when they return from winter break.
1. Saying goodbye sucks. But then you remember how annoyed you were when you were home so you get over it pretty quickly. After all, it’s not like you won’t see them again. It won’t be that long.
2. You get to see your friends again. Saying goodbye may not be mush fun, but saying hello to the friends you left behind make it so much better and easier. It’s time to catch up with your second family.
3. Unpacking is one of the worst things. As is packing. I have never been good at either one. I pack at the last minute and kind of let everything unpack on it’s own (it stays packed until I need it).
4. But that means you get to reorganize. There is no time like the present to get your life (and your dorm) together.
5. You remember how clean your room was before you left. Now it probably looks like a disaster. But it has potential. Maybe you will get around to it tomorrow.
6. The slate is clean. You can start over in your academic ways. You can study more, sleep better, and stress less. Now is the best time to start developing good habits for the upcoming semester. It will be more difficult later on.
7. You start getting excited about your schedule and new classes. A fresh start is an amazing feeling. Of course all that will change when you have homework for seven classes and you’re only taking five. You know what I’m talking about.
8. You realize you have to map everything out all over again. You no longer know how long it will take or when exactly you need to leave because it’s all new and different. You can’t go by last semester because you had different classes.
9. Classes start and you realize you should have slept more. You are way too tired to be sitting in class and doing homework.
10. You are determined to get all A’s. It might not happen, but at least you have something to work toward. As long as you do your best, it is possible. Don’t give up.
And of course, after the first week you are already ready for Spring Break.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Starting a new semester is fun and overwhelming at the same time. Let me know what you are most looking forward to this semester in the comments below. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!