Hey guys! Welcome back. We all want to move forward. We are all looking for ways to progress and excel in life. But sometimes things hold us back. Sometimes we can’t let go of certain things or certain practices and they prevent us from moving forward. However, there are a few things you can give up that will certainly allow you to move forward even if it’s just a little bit. Giving up all of these things is definitely worth trying. If nothing else, giving them up will definitely remove stress from your life. Although, I will admit some of them may be easier to give up than others.
1. Letting the opinions of others control you. The most important opinion you should worry about is your own. What others think of you is not important. You have to live your life according to what is best for you, not what is best for everyone else. No matter what they think.
2. The shame of past failures. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s all a part of the learning process. But you can’t dwell on it. You have to learn that everyone fails because no one is perfect at everything. Your past does not equal your future. All that matters is what you are doing with your life right now.
3. Being indecisive about what you want. You will never leave where you are until you decide where you want to be. Make a decision about what you want and then pursue it passionately. Keep moving forward. Even if the decision doesn’t stick, it will lead you where you want to be. Every choice is essential, though not all are permanent.
4. Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you. There are choices you make everyday. The biggest one is to accept things as they are or take the responsibility to change them. If it matters to you, make it happen. If you don’t, it doesn’t mean as much to you as you thought it did.
5. Choosing to do nothing. You don’t get to choose when you die. Or how you die. It just happens. And if you live your life never doing anything you want to do, you will live an unsuccessful life. Do the things that matter now because you never know when the opportunity will pass. You can’t choose how you will die, but you can choose how you live. Everyday is a new chance to live your best day.
6. Your need to be right. You should always aim for success. But you also need to remember that you have the right to be wrong. You don’t know everything, you can’t do everything, and you can’t be everywhere. And that should never be expected of you. Being wrong is what gives you the ability to learn new things. It allows you to move forward with your life.
7. Running from problems that should be fixed. Stop running! Face the issues and fix them. Don’t wait around for them to fix themselves or for someone else to fix them. It’s up to you!
8. Making excuses rather than making decisions. Making excuses now is more likely to lead to long-term failure. Make decisions, especially bold ones, and live them out. Be proactive, don’t wait. Don’t make excuses for things you really want or need.
9. Overlooking the positive points in your life. What you see is a reflection of what you are looking for. If you want success and happiness, look for the success and happiness that is already occurring or has already occurred in your life. You will have a hard time being happy if you can’t appreciate the good things you already have in your life right now. Count your blessings and be grateful!
10. Not appreciating the present moment. Too often we are working toward something that is so far in the future, we forget to live in the moment. We forget to appreciate what we have right in front of us.
Letting go of all of these things will lead to a better tomorrow and a better life. Even letting go of just one of these things can lead to a happier life. It’s not always easy, especially when sometimes they are habitual. But it will be worth it in the end.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!