Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Mine was pretty great. Today’s post is all about how I stay organized in my busy, hectic, never-ending college days as a student. Enjoy!
1. Be motivated. It’s hard to stay motivated sometimes, but it’s really important to getting things done and keeping on track.
2. Keep a planner. My planner is the best part of my life. It has everything I need in it and it’s really how I stay organized generally. Without it I would be lost.
3. Have a to-do list. Everyday I sit down and make a to-do list for the next day. I split it into four sections. The first square I write down what I need to do that day. The next is things that need to be done that week in the order they need to be done. The next is things I need to be working on, but don’t need to be completed for a while. The last is any extra things I need to do. I start with the first square and work my way through. This is a great organizational tool and keeps everything prioritized.
4. Stick to your plans. With my to-do list, if it is written in the first square it has to be done that day. No exceptions.
5. Schedule chores. Doing laundry, cleaning your room, etc. Make sure you set time aside to do these things.
6. Keep all of your syllabi. They hold a lot of important information, so keep them and always have them on hand.
7. Make an assignment list. With five classes it can be difficult to keep things straight. So at the beginning of the month I write down everything that needs to be done in order. It makes making my to-do list a lot easier as well.
8. Wake up at the same time everyday. Pick a time and wake up at that time every single day. It helps your body get used to waking up that early and you will never have to worry about when you should be up.
9. Make your bed when you get up. It reduces the urge to climb back in and it helps me feel more productive.
10. Figure out your most productive time. I am most productive late at night. It’s hard because that is when I should be going to bed and going to sleep, but that is when I am at my most productive.
11. Clean desk rule. I always keep my desk clean and organized so I have plenty of space to work.
12. Set your own deadlines. I tell myself that something has to be done at a certain time. It’s usually the day before something is actually due that way I know it is done and I don’t have to worry about it anymore.
13. Give each class a color. This helps me so much. Color-coding everything helps seeing what needs to be done for when saves a lot more time than you would think.
14. Sleep. When your mind is clear, you can think clearer. Sleeping is the best way to rest and give your mind a break.
15. Go easy on yourself. Don’t push yourself too hard or give yourself unreasonable expectations. Live your life and be nice to yourself.
Those are the ways I stay organized. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you found this helpful. Please like it if you did. Comment below how you stay organized or if you don’t stay organized (I’ve been there my friends). Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!