Hey guys! Welcome back. A while ago I did a post on Makeup for Beginners where I compiled my list of makeup products I think are best for beginners. Today I decided to do a post on my makeup tips for makeup. I think it’s important to know where to start if you are just beginning and it’s useful to have resources. So here are my tips for beginners.
1. Don’t spend a lot of money. I recommend starting at your local drugstore. Buy makeup that isn’t crazy expensive because you need to know what works for you before you start spending great amounts of money.
2. Know your skin type. Different products (particularly foundations) are geared more towards oily skin or more towards dry skin. So know which one you are. Buying the wrong foundation could break you out.
3. Buy an eyeshadow palette that is practical. The best way to learn is to have a palette you will actually use and that you can learn with. Don’t buy a crazy expensive one, unless you just have all kinds of money. Colourpop has great palettes though, and so does Morphe. Check those out.
4. Learning to use a brush tip liquid eyeliner first is like learning to drive a stick shift first. I recommend learning to apply liquid liner with a brush tip first. That’s how I started and it made a felt tip that much easier.
5. You don’t have to do every step. There are still steps I skip. I don’t use false lashes, I don’t always wear a lip product, and I only recently started filling in my eyebrows. Do what you feel comfortable with. You don’t have to be a master in the beginning.
6. Invest in products that can be used multiple ways. Buy face palettes that can also be used as eyeshadow. Buy brushes you can use in several ways. This allows you to really invest in good quality products without breaking the bank.
7. You don’t necessarily need an eyeshadow primer. Some people do. But for the most part, it’s not a necessity. If you want you can use concealer as a primer. It works for me, but I don’t always see a huge difference.
8. Always blend. Be sure to always blend your makeup. Especially your eyeshadow. It’s important that no matter what look you do that you blend all the colors so they don’t look choppy.
9. Do you eye makeup first. Doing your eyes first makes it easier to clean up or start over if you mess up. Also, some eyeshadows are super loose and fall onto your face. If you do your face makeup first, it’s harder to wipe that away.
10. Always use a primer. Never put foundation directly on our face. It has chemicals that could damage your skin. That layer of protection could help prevent breakouts.
11. Don’t be afraid to experiment. The key to getting better is to practice. the key to practicing is trying new things. It’s just makeup. It will come off.
12. Always remember this. The key to great makeup starts with great skin care. Always take your makeup off at the end of the day. Wash your face twice a day. Fall into a good skincare routine. Makeup washes off, your skin doesn’t. I always recommend investing more in skin care products than makeup.
Do you have any other tips? Let us know in the comments below. I am not a professional, but I think I’ve been around long enough to share what I have learned.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this and/or found it useful. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!