Hey guys! Welcome back. Today is the first installment of my Back To School Series. I have a ton of really great posts planned, but if you have any questions or requests comment below and I will add that to the list. I hope you are as excited about this as I am and I hope you find at least a couple of these helpful. To start things off I thought we could talk about how to start the day off right every single day. Seems fitting doesn’t it? So without further ado, here are seven things I do everyday to start off on the right foot.
1. Write. I write everyday. Even if I don’t post anything, I am still brainstorming or researching or writing down ideas. Anything to get my brain thinking. It helps me put everything on paper so I’m not trying to remember things later on. I can go back to it later on and keep it going. I do have a specific notebook for this.
2. Drink water. There is nothing better than starting your day off with some water. It helps you start your day hydrated and energized. I love drinking water first thing in the morning because nothing tastes right until I have had some and can feel refreshed. I’m always thirsty anyway so going seven to eight hours without a drink is a terrible thing for me. So I always start off with water.
3. Do Not Disturb Time. This is the time where I put my phone away and don’t check anything. I sit down and get ready for the day. This is my time to focus on myself and what I need to get done. I don’t respond to anyone during this time. This way I can focus on my needs and not be distracted by others.
4. Calendar Block Planning. This is why I love Google Calendar. I am able to time block my days, weeks, and months. I can color code and share my calendar with others. It’s a nice tool to use when I have a hectic schedule and a lot going on. Every morning I sit down and check my planner and my Google Calendar. I see what I have going on that day and what needs to be done that day. I also add anything I need to add.
5. Walking. I always like to leave my room a little bit before class starts so I can walk around campus. I know if I am about to sit in class for at least an hour I need to release some energy. This also helps me focus and relax when I get to class. It’s also just something I love doing and a great way to spend my time. It’s one of my favorite things to do during the day and I sometimes do it multiple times.
6. Clean Up. I love to start my day tidying up. I make my bed, clean off my desk, and put everything in it’s home. It is a great way to start your day because you won’t have to worry about it the rest of the day. This also helps me feel more productive. On top of that, you have already done something that day. No matter how small it may be, you can say you did something.
7. Reading. Nothing helps motivate and encourage me more than reading. I am especially into autobiographies as of late. I love reading other people’s stories and being motivated by their successes and learning from their failures. I love reading in the morning because it motivates me to start my day. Even if it’s just a few pages, I love starting the day reading what someone else has to say that might inspire me.
Those are my seven ways to start off everyday right. Of course these are in no particular order. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Comment below what your favorite ways to start off your day is. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!