Hey guys! Welcome back. I know there is a big struggle when it comes to packing for college. A lot of sacrifices have to be made in order to fit everything in a tiny dorm room. There isn’t a ton of space, so sometimes things have to be left behind. So if you have a large makeup collection, you sometimes have to figure out what to take and what to leave. So here are the absolute essentials I take with me.
1. Makeup Wipes. These are handy if I’m being lazy and don’t want to get out my real makeup remover or if I don’t have a lot of makeup on. These are great to have because they are fairly inexpensive and don’t take up a ton of space.
2. Lipstick. Lipstick is great because it can make your whole makeup look seem entirely different. Depending on what color you wear it can completely change things. I like to have two or three different shades that way I can do different looks.
3. Concealer. This covers those break outs and dark circles like a champ Concealer is something I wear no matter what because it helps even everything out and makes me look a little more presentable.
4. Mascara. Volumizing mascara will help make your eyes pop and look less tired. I love having mascara on no matter what. Some things I can compromise on, but because I have such light eyelashes, I need a little help from mascara.
5. Eyeshadow Palette. I don’t wear eyeshadow everyday, especially if I am in a rush. But having an eyeshadow palette handy for special occasions or events is really nice. If I have a presentation, I like to put on a little extra makeup.
6. Blush. Blush helps bring back a little color and life back into the skin. It’s nice to have a couple of shades that way you can have some choices. I have an everyday blush and a separate blush for more important makeup looks.
7. Makeup Primer. No matter what, if you are putting makeup on your face you absolutely need a primer. It will protect your face from the products and help them last longer. Who doesn’t want that?
8. Foundation. Even if you don’t wear foundation everyday, having one with you is good in case there comes a time when you do want to wear one. I personally do wear foundation if I am putting on makeup, but it’s not a necessity.
9. Highlighter. Highlighter helps you glow. Whether you want something subtle or something that really stands out, having a highlighter is something I can’t live without. It just makes me feel like I’m glowing.
10. Bronzer. I am a very light person, so having a bronzer is a necessity because it helps me look less washed out. It brings color back into my skin. There are so many great affordable options out there.
11. Setting Spray/Powder. You can choose one or the other or you can bring both. I personally bring both because I use them, but if you don’t think you will use one I wouldn’t bring it.
12. Eyeliner. I don’t use this everyday either, but I do like to have it when I need it. Like lipstick, this helps amplify any look. Also, eyeliner doesn’t really take up a lot of space unless you have like 15 of them.
13. Eyebrow Product. I used to never do my eyebrows and if you don’t, you can absolutely skip this as well. But if you do, it’s good to keep one on hand. These also take up minimal space.
14. Brushes. You can’t forget the tools you need to apply all of these products, unless you are going to use our fingers for everything (been there). Bring only the brushes you know you will need and use.
15. Organization/Bag. You need to have some kind of organization for our makeup. Whether you keep it in a bag or out in the open, there needs to be some type of plan. You don’t just want it all sitting in random places.
Things you don’t need. but are welcome to bring:
1. Lip Liner. It’s not a necessity, but I know a lot of people like to have them. If you are one of those people, feel free.
2. Contour. Most people don’t contour everyday, but if you do you might want to bring your contour. Personally, I think face palettes are the way to go, so if you have a favorite bring it with you.
3. Liquid Eyeshadow. How often are you going to use it? If you go out a lot on the weekends or go to parties, you might like to have this. If that’s you than I would bring it.
4. False eyelashes. I don’t use these, so they aren’t on my list of things to bring, but if you do use them, even just sometimes, I would bring some.
5. Your entire makeup collection. I do this, but you don’t have to. Feel free to bring all of your makeup if you think that is best.
Of course you don’t have to bring any makeup at all if you don’t want to! But those are the things I always have with me when I go to college. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this and you find it helpful. Let me know what your necessities are in the comments. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!