Hey guys! Welcome back. I apologize for not getting this up yesterday, but a lot of unexpected things came up and I didn’t get a chance to write this and get it posted. But it is here today. I am going to give you a guide for college classes. Whether you are a new student or you’ve been in college for a while sometimes you have a class you just aren’t sure how to handle. I have had my fair share of these classes, so I wanted to share some of the things I have learned and tips on how you can be successful.
1. Go to class. There is no better way to be unsuccessful than to just not go. Even if you aren’t doing well in the class or you don’t care for the class, you still need to go. I’m not saying never miss a day, I’m just saying you should go. Be present in the class and you might do better than you think.
2. Take notes. Write down things that are the board, things the professor mentions that might be important, and answers to any questions that anyone asks. It will help you later with assignments and studying for exams. It will be your main reference guide later on. Without notes, you are almost lost completely.
3. Ask questions. If there is something you don’t understand or you missed something, be sure to ask the professor to clarify. Chances are you aren’t the only person who needs help. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It’s only going to help you. It can’t hurt. No one is going to make fun of you for asking a question. This isn’t high school anymore.
4. So the reading. You may not necessarily have to do every reading assignment, but I recommend doing as many as you can. It will help you out later. Studying will be easier and when writing a paper it always helps your grade if you reference the textbook or a reading assignment. Sometimes a professor will even ask questions about the reading on an exam.
5. Study. Not studying will hinder your chances of doing well on an exam. Don’t try to go off of your memory because that won’t help you. You need to study. Whether you do it by yourself or you join a study group, you need to have some kind of exam preparation. You are also less likely to feel anxious and nervous going into the exam if you feel like you have prepared and know the material.
6. Do your assignments. No matter how small or meaningless they may seem, you need to them. Because it’s likely that those count toward your grade. They also help you work on things and learn the material. It all goes into the studying process. So do your assignments and work hard. Give it your best and you won’t be sorry.
7. Sleep. Remember that your body and mind need rest. So be sure you are getting enough sleep. You won’t do yourself any good if you aren’t resting and giving yourself rest. This will help you relax and focus so you aren’t falling asleep in class.
Always remember that you get out what you put in. So strive for the best. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Comment your favorite tip for being successful in college below. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!