Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to sit down and share with you some of the things college has taught me. Not all of these are academic. Some are personal, some are social, and some are professional. I have grown so much in these last three years and I continue to grow everyday. So I wanted to share with you how I have grown and hope that you find this encouraging in some way.
1. You can’t trust everyone. I think I always knew this, but coming into college I guess I hoped things would be different. I hoped that people would treat me a little better. But not everyone has. Some people treat me terribly. I have learned that I can’t share everything with everyone. Not everyone needs to know everything.
2. Good friends are hard to come by. And they’re even harder to keep. College is tough and in regards to not being able to trust everyone, when it comes to friends, quality is better than quantity. I would rather have a few good friends that a lot of okay friends.
3. Never settle. Don’t settle on your major if you aren’t happy. Don’t stop with first job you find because you are too afraid to find something better. Don’t keep people around if they aren’t good for you. Life is too short to spend it unhappy.
4. Hard work pays off. Sometimes it doesn’t seem like it, but in the end it’s always worth it. So many things have come my way because of the hard work I put in to everything I do. My focus and vision have helped get me where I am.
5. You are loved. I used to believe I could never be loved by anyone. Some days I still have a hard time with this. But I have learned that there are people who love me, even if it’s not the people I would expect.
6. Who I am. I have learned so much about myself during college. I have grown to accept who I am and know that I am good enough. I may not be perfect in the eyes of everyone else, but I alone am enough. I have plenty to offer and don’t need everyone’s approval.
7. Who I’m not. It’s pointless to be someone you’re not. There is no reason to do something just because everyone else is doing it. Don’t fail to live your life because you are trying to live someone else’s. You won’t likely get anything out of it.
8. How to dream. I have so many more goals and visions than I ever did before. College taught me that there is so much more out there in the world and there are so many amazing possibilities. I can’t limit myself. Now is the time to dream.
9. The process of letting go. I have had to let go of so many things the past three years. Some were good, some were bad. But I have learned that the best things in life come after you let something go. So I’m not afraid anymore.
10. Live life with no regrets. I learned that I have to believe in myself before anyone else will. I have to do things before I tell people. It’s better to show people what you have done than tell them what you are going to do.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Comment below what college has taught you or what you hope to learn. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!