Hey guys! Welcome back. Blogging is becoming more and more popular and I know that several of my followers are just beginning or started within the last few months. So I wanted to give you all some advice. Even if you have been a blogger for a while, these tips may help you. Blogging consistently can be tricky, but hopefully these tips help get you on the right track!
1. Make time for it. The worst thing you can do when you start blogging is be inconsistent. Because even if people follow your blog, they won’t remember you if you only blog once a month. I recommend two to three times a week. At the very least it should be once a week. Make sure the days are as consistent as they can be. We are all busy, but making sure that you make time for writing and publishing is essential to being successful and growing your blog.
2. Blogging is fluid. Keep in mind that blogging is a fluid thing. It isn’t always a step by step. You have to find your own rhythm and how you like to do your own blog. Your blog could potentially be your business so it’s important to compose it in a way that is best for you and how you want to do things.
3. Create blog content that people need and want. While it is important to create a blog that you know something about, it is also important if you want to gain an audience to create content that your followers enjoy and respond well to. Sometimes that means you may change your focus a little bit and that’s okay. It’s all about trial and error.
4. Start with WordPress. I own my domain, but I still use WordPress. It’s easy to use and free if you don’t want to own your domain. You can design your blog the way you want and make it as unique as you are. WordPress is a great tool.
5. There is a huge learning curve. It takes a while to figure out where you fit in the blogging sphere. It takes a while to figure out when you have the most time and how much time you have to spend blogging. Growing your audience takes time. It takes some time to learn all the specifics. But it’s all a huge curve. The faster you go, the faster you learn, and the easier it gets.
6. Don’t wait to be told what to do. Don’t wait for someone to tell you what you need to do. Don’t wait for someone to tell you to start. Don’t wait for someone to tell you when to post. Do it for you. Start your blog for yourself and if other people join, that’s great. I started my blogging journey for myself and I now have almost 500 people on my journey with me. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
7. Know your target audience. Before you even start, know who you want your audience to be. This will help you create content that caters to that audience. Be authentic, but also keep in mind who you are writing for. Talk to them, interact with them, answer their questions. Build a relationship with your audience. It will only help it grow and be more successful.
8. Connect with others. Connect with other bloggers, both big and small. Ask for advice and tips. Ask about technique and tools. Comment on their posts and like them too! It’s the best way to authentically get your blog out there in the world for people to click on and see what you are all about. Join groups on Facebook. Connecting with other bloggers is a great way to gain friends in the business and feel less alone and more confident.
9. Be flexible. Don’t think you are only going to write about one thing and never change it. Don’t think you will only work on your blog certain days of the week. If you aren’t flexible with it, you may end up giving up because the times don’t work out or you run out of things to talk about.
10. Keep going. Don’t give up. Don’t let a lack of followers stop you. Don’t let running out of things to say stop you. Just keep writing. Write about anything and everything. Your blog will grow as you grow, so just keep growing. Never give up.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this is helpful. Please like it if it is. Comment below what your favorite tips are or what advice you have for fellow bloggers. If you would like to follow me more and find out what products I have been loving recently, go follow me on Instagram (geekygirl415)! Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!