Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you are all having a good week. Yesterday I posted about my advice for new bloggers. So today I wanted to share the things I did to grow my blog. These are tried and true tricks that I picked up along the way that really helped me spread my site. Hopefully a couple of these work for you as well.
1. Post everyday. When I first started my blog I posted everyday. This may seem excessive, but for me it was effective. I posted nearly everyday for six to seven months. Then I switched to posting at least three times a week. Posting everyday gives your readers something to look forward to everyday. So while you don’t have to post everyday, post as often as you can.
2. Connect with other bloggers. Connecting with other bloggers is something I touched on yesterday and I want to reemphasize the significance. Sometimes you can collaborate with other bloggers or mention one another. It’s also great to have confidence in the fact that you are not alone and this can be a successful business.
3. Set goals. I try to set goals at the beginning of every month so I have something to work towards. This helps know what I need to be doing and when I need to be doing it. Setting goals can give you more focus and give you a reason to keep going!
4. Fulfill my blogs purpose. Your blog should always have a purpose. Mine is to provide advice to others whether that be about college, life, blogging, or beauty. I like to have fun/interesting posts as well, but staying focused on my purpose really helped grow my blog. People look for those kinds of things, so it’s important to keep up as best you can.
5. Learning as much as I can. I spent a ton of time learning about blogging and figuring out new tips and tricks. It benefited me in more ways than one and it helped me find creative and authentic ways to grow my blog. My blog continues to grow daily because I am always learning more and more about the business.
6. Increasing my presence on social media. I am still working on this, but I am getting better. I have started posting more on Instagram (geekygirl415) so go follow be there for updates and to find out what products I am loving! I am extremely active on Twitter (geekygirl415) so if you want life updates you can follow me there. I am considering starting to do Facebook lives with makeup tutorials and things like that, so if you want to see that go follow our page (Love, Geeky Girl). I know social media is a great tool for growing your blog and I am still working on it as well!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this is helpful. Please like it if it is. Comment below how you grew (are growing) your blog. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!