Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to share with you what I consider to be the best things and the worst things about blogging. Obviously in every job there are positives and negatives. So I wanted to share with you what I have picked on in my year and a half of blogging. Hopefully you find this beneficial.
1. True bloggers know the art of helping. One of the biggest things I have picked up is you learn how to help people. You learn the art of blogging and what it should really be about. No matter what you are writing about, there should be something in it that will help them. It’s not all about pushing products and making money. It’s about using your talents and platform for good.
2. You become a better speaker. All in all, in the writing that you do you find your voice. You figure out that what you have to say matters. Blogging teaches you the importance of good communication and the value of connecting with others. It truly is a benefit that I didn’t even know could happen.
3. You get new ideas. So many fun things in my life have happened since I started blogging. I figured out what I really want to do with my life. I figured out what I am really passionate about. I learned so much about myself. Blogging has given me so many new ideas about things I want to do or accomplish.
4. You find yourself. It might sound cliche, but it’s true. I found myself in my writing. I learned what matters to me and ultimately what doesn’t. I learned how to express myself and more importantly how to be myself. Blogging has forced me into a world where I have learned to evaluate myself and make goals for the future.
5. You become a better writer. Ultimately blogging helps you become a better writer. You learn what your strengths are and what your weaknesses are. Grammar improves and you learn how to edit your own work.
1. Finding things to write about. Sometimes coming up with ideas to blog about can be a real struggle. I mean sometimes you have a super long list, but you have no inspiration. It can take a lot of time to find ideas and inspiration on things to write about.
2. There is no guarantee. There is no guarantee that anyone will read your blog. There is no guarantee that people will like what you say. There just isn’t a guarantee about anything. There is no real training for blogging; you just kind of pick it up as you go along. Sometimes that’s stressful when you want stability.
3. You probably won’t make money for a long time. It takes a long time to start making money from it. I mean, I still don’t have a blogging income and I have been doing this for a while. It takes a lot of time and a large audience to start making money.
Obviously there are more to both sides, but these are just the things that I have picked up on. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like this if you did. Comment below what your thoughts are. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!