Hey guys! Welcome back. 2019 is right around the corner and I wanted to help inspire you to make it through the year with your blog. I know there are so many people who start blogs and at the end of the year, they aren’t sure what to do. This is the point where so many people just stop blogging. But it’s important to stay consistent with your blog and keep going into the new year! So I have accumulated what I consider the most important ways to finish the year strong with your blog. These are things that are going to wrap up this year and get you motivated to start next year!
1. Don’t stress about getting new content out. At this point in the year, it isn’t completely necessary to get new content out everyday because there are other things you should be doing with your blog. I’ll get to those in a bit. But don’t stress about getting new content out to your readers. Take some time to yourself and work on getting it ready for the next year. It’s a great opportunity to refresh and renew for the year ahead. If you have ideas on content to get out before the end of the year and you want to get those posts out, there is nothing wrong with that. But don’t stress about coming up with ideas right now.
2. Review your goals from the beginning of the year. If you didn’t set any goals at the beginning of the year (or when you started your blog if you started this year), I highly recommend doing that next year. If you did set goals, review them. Determine which goals you reached and which you didn’t. Determine which goals you need to carry over. Figure out what worked this year and what didn’t. You can use this information to create a plan for next year.
3. Analyze your blog and social media growth. It’s important to see how far you have come in the past year. How many followers you gained and how much new support you have. Not only will this boost your confidence, but you will also have a better understanding of who your audience is. This way, you can start creating content that is targeted to those people supporting you. Analyzing social media is also important because you need to see how much growth you need in that area.
4. Have a reader survey. Reader surveys are helpful because they allow your readers an opportunity to give you feedback and answer questions. There are a ton of survey templates online that you can follow that are easy. It gives readers an opportunity to give you ideas on how to better your blog and help you grow. They are extremely beneficial.
5. Decide what you want to accomplish within the remaining days. These last few days are extremely valuable to the growth of your blog. Take this time to create a reader survey, analyze where you are and where you want to go, and plan blog posts and a plan for next year.
6. Determine the biggest successes of 2018. What were the biggest accomplishments you had this year? Maybe you reached a milestone with your number of followers. Maybe you worked really hard on a project you are proud of. Maybe you were consistent with your blog posts and creating amazing content. No matter what it is, if it’s important to you, it’s a big deal. Celebrate the things you did well because having a blog is a lot of work and you shouldn’t discredit yourself.
7. Make a schedule. It’s important to start planning and scheduling for 2019. Getting a head start will only help you later down the road. Write down ideas you have for blog posts and start scheduling them in your calendar. It’s important to schedule because then you have a specific time set aside to work on your blog and that can only cause growth. The more you put in, the more you are going to get out.
8. Be accountable. Don’t give up. Keep writing, keep planning, keep brainstorming, keep going. Nothing is worse than giving up. Hold yourself accountable for keeping to a schedule and doing all the work necessary. This will help you keep going into the new year and see more results in 2019!
That is what I have for finishing the year strong with your blog! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know how you will be ending your year with your blog. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!