Hey guys! Welcome back. The holidays are officially over and it’s time to get back into “work mode”. After such a nice time of relaxation and rest, it can be a little difficult to get back into the mode of working and having a constant to-do list. The thought of going back to work isn’t the most attractive of sorts, but it is a must-do. But fret not! Here are some ways to back into work mode after vacation.
1. Get started early. I know you may not be excited to go back to work, so the thought of going back early seems even more crazy. But trust me, getting a head start is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It allows you to get caught up and get started on things that may take some time.
2. Make a running list of everything you are going to have to do. If you know what you are anticipating when you get back to work, make a running list. This way there won’t be as many surprises when you get back. This also gets you back in the mindset of planning and getting back in a routine.
3. Give yourself a buffer day. Give yourself a day to prepare before you go back to work. Clean up, get your stuff together, and prepare for going back to work. It’s not a good idea to go from vacation mode straight into work mode. Do your laundry, make a to-do list, and prepare for going back to work.
4. Check your calendar. Make sure you plug in important dates, meetings, and due dates into your calendar. This will help you anticipate upcoming dates and get things done on time. It can help with knowing you are mentally prepared and that you can prevent procrastinating.
5. Do the simple things first. It can be best to start with the easiest tasks first. It knocks them out of the way and it can help build morale so you will keep working. It encourages and motivates you to keep going and work on the harder things that will take more time. This also helps ease you into work.
Those are some ways to get back in “work mode” after the holidays. What are some of your favorite ways? Let us know in the comments! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!