Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to share with you some tips for keeping your dorm (or home) clean. Keeping my dorm clean is something I want to keep up with this semester and I wanted to share with you some of the things that I am going to do to keep up with this goal. Please share in the comments any tips you have to keep your dorm clean. We are all always looking to learn something new. So if you would like to know my tips, just keep reading.
1. Make your bed everyday. This is something I used to do, but kind of fell off of it. I just got really busy and it was never really a priority or anything. But I have come to realize to keep a clean room, your bed has to be made. It just makes everything look complete and it gives you a starting point.
2. Give everything a place. This is key to organization because in order for things to be clean, they need a home. Now I am queen of the junk drawer. But I only put things in this drawer if there is absolutely no other place for it. This way, if I need a spare charger or a hair tie, I know where to go. Other than that, everything has a home.
3. Utilize your laundry bin. I do this, but sometimes there are some clothes that don’t sometimes make it to the basket. But keeping all of your dirty clothes in a basket can help keep your room cleaned and tidy. Not only will your room look less cluttered, but it will also make laundry day easier.
4. Organize your desk. Keeping your desk organized will help your room look more put together and limit cluttered. It gives you a nice work space and assures that you can find everything you need. Having a cluttered desk is uninviting and distracting, so having an organized desk will keep a clean room.
5. Take out the trash. When it’s full, take it out. Don’t let it spill over. Don’t leave garbage lying around your room. That’s no way to live. Empty out your trash can at least once a week and I promise you will feel like a whole new person.
6. Clean up spills immediately. If you spill your drink or food, clean it up as soon as it happens. Don’t leave them because that makes it harder to clean up and may end up smelling really bad. It just looks better if you clean them up immediately.
7. Wash dishes. You may not have a ton of dishes all the time, but when you do, wash them and put them away. Don’t let them clutter up your sink. Having a clean sink keeps a clean space which keeps a clean room.
8. Disinfect. I always have Clorox wipes in my room. I wipe down surfaces a couple of times a week. It helps keep away dust and removes germs. It’s really nice to just clean up and make sure that things are all looking smooth.
Did I leave anything out? Let me know in the comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!