Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I am going to be sharing with you some tips on how to stay motivated as a college blogger. College is hectic and chaotic, and blogging is a lot of work. Doing both of the at the same time is no easy feat. So today I wanted to talk to you about how I manage to get it all done. But before that, I wanted to do our very first shout out! This week goes to kittyp0p. She has been in the comment section a lot this week and I just couldn’t not give her a should out. Thank you all for your support and be sure to go check her out! Now if you would like to know how I stay motivated as a college blogger, just keep reading!
1. Have a blogging bestie. I have a few blogging besties and some of them work with me. I love having blogging friends that I can chat with and bounce ideas off of. Sometimes non-blogging friends don’t understand why it’s a big deal or help you when you need it in terms of blogging. So making friends with other bloggers is a great way to grow in the blogging community.
2. Have goals. Having goals both in college and blogging is essential to making sure that you keep up with both. Because you never want to get to a point where you just don’t think one of them is important anymore. Have goals in both areas and then work everyday to reach those goals.
3. Remember your why. Remember why you are doing both. You are probably in college to get an education and a degree. But remember why you started blogging. That will help you stay motivated and help keep you in the spirits of doing both. You are likely to get burned out quickly if you don’t remember why you started and why it matters that you keep going.
4. Plan (and work) ahead. I always make sure I have my blog posts planned out ahead of time and I try to prewrite as much as I can in advance. I always try to stay on top of my school work so that I have time to be both a college student and a blogger. It’s not always easy, but I find that as long as I remember what I am working towards and don’t lose sight of my goals, anything is possible.
5. Remember, you don’t have to be perfect. College is stressful and blogging is too. As I said, doing both can be testing, but it’s not impossible. Just remember that no one expects you to do everything perfectly. No one expects you to always have content and keep up with social media. The great thing about blogging is you get to do it on your time. So don’t stress too much about it.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Comment below how you stay motivated either as a college blogger, as a college student, or as a blogger. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!
We are having a $30 gift card giveaway on our Twitter. So be sure to check that out (readgeekygirl) if you would like to enter!