Hey guys! Welcome back. Since it’s Monday and the start of new month, I wanted to share with you some of the things I believe help me have a good morning and start my day off on the right foot. These are things I try to do every morning and they are things that I believe will help anyone who wants to have more peace and structure in their morning. Mornings are not easy for everyone, but by practicing these habits, I promise getting up in the morning will be easier and less stressful. It may take a while to become accustomed to them, but once you do, you will see the difference. So if you are interested in what these mind changing actions are, just keep reading.
1. Stay unplugged. Once you turn off your alarm, don’t look at anything else. Don’t check your notifications, your social media, or your email. Those things can wait until after you have done your own thing. This helps ensure that you can have your own thoughts and your own time before other people start getting into your head and demanding things from you. Get ready for the day and sit down and enjoy some time to yourself before you let other people have any of your time.
2. Hydrate. Drinking water always helps me wake up in the morning. It’s also just a really good healthy habit to have. Starting your day with water will help energize you and help the food you eat during the day digest easier. Also, if you drink coffee, drinking water first will help it taste so much better. You don’t drink anything for hours while you are asleep, so starting your day with water is essential.
3. Practice optimism and gratitude. Starting your day with a positive mindset is key to having a good day. Making a list of things you are thankful for will help you go into your day remembering that there are so many amazing things in your life that you enjoy. Starting your day off with optimism and gratitude sets the stage for continuing your day feeling hopeful and thankful.
4. Make your bed. Making your bed helps your room look more put together and helps you feel more put together. It’s a super simple task that is one thing you can write off as an accomplishment for the day. This simple task is building a foundation for more accomplishments throughout your day.
5. Exercise. You can do a full workout at the gym or just a few small exercises in your room. Either way, exercising in the morning ensures that you workout that day and get your heart beating and your blood flowing. It’s a great way to start your day because it is another thing that you can mark as an accomplishment first thing in the morning. It’s really great when you can go to work or class in the morning and tell people you already worked out that day.
6. Put yourself together. We all have lazy days where we don’t really want to try. But if on most days you put some effort into how you look, you will feel so much better starting your day. You don’t have to look good for anyone else, but looking good for yourself can help boost confidence and give you a more put together approach to the rest of your day.
7. Eat breakfast. You can have a whole meal or just some fruit or something light. Regardless, getting some food in your body is a great way to start your day. You go hours without food while your sleeping, so it is essential in the morning to eat something. This gives you energy and helps motivate you to start your day.
8. Have a to-do list. Having a list of things to do will give you something to conquer. I always have a to-do list and put that in my calendar. This ensures that I know what I am up against that day and this way I can make sure I don’t forget anything. Having a to-do list in the morning helps you visualize your day and minimizes surprises and panic later on in the day.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments what your favorite morning habit is. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!