Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you the best college classes I have ever taken. These are all (or mostly) gen ed requirements. I wanted to create this list in case you end up in some of these classes and dread the thought. These classes has a major impact on me and I wanted to share with you what they were and what they did for me. Hopefully this inspires you and encourages you to give every class 100%. I promise it is worth it.
1. Writing Studies. Obviously I love writing, but these classes really set a foundation for academic writing. College writing is substantially different from writing done previously, so these classes create a more general understanding of what is expected. You learn about research, organization, citations, and more. It’s just a really great experience and something everyone should take seriously.
2. Public Speaking. This is where I got over my biggest fear. This is where I learned that public speaking isn’t really all that scary. This is where I got my confidence and this is where I found my voice. I owe so much to this class and the fact that I didn’t back down. I kept going and I gave it my all.
3. US History. This is where my love for history began. This is where I learned that it is so much more than what I had previously been taught. This is where I transitioned into a history major and I’ve never turned back. It’s so important because not only are you learning more about the history of the United States, you are learning the value of it all.
4. World Civilization. This is where I learned that the world today isn’t the way it has always been. I vaguely learned that a long time ago, but to be perfectly honest, I don’t remember it that much. This class really taught me about the world and how it functions. I learned the ups and downs of the different countries and all the people of the world. I learned about diversity in a way I had never before studied.
5. Psychology. This was a fascinating class. I learned so much about the mind and body and the way it functions. Though I did not pursue this any further, I do think this class really did help me understand the principles of psychology and part of why we are the way we are.
Those are the best classes I have ever taken! What are yours? Let us know in the comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!