Hey guys! Welcome back. Though I don’t have children, I have had several pets, and I know that there are some similarities between having a child and having a pet. While I recognize that they are not the same thing entirely, I thought it would be fun to underline the key things that are the same. From the good to the bad, having a pet sometimes seems like having a child. Here are some reasons why.
1. You have to potty train both. Both children and pets have to be potty trained and it sometimes is not an easy process. They both have accidents and sometimes have a difficult time learning how to go to the bathroom in the right place. However, it can also go the opposite way where it can be really easy to potty train them.
2. You shouldn’t leave them in a vehicle unattended. This might go without saying, but it still happens in both cases. Children and animals should not be left unattended in a vehicle because things could go terribly wrong.
3. You think they are the cutest. No one else’s child or pet compares to yours and you stand firm in that belief. You have immense pride and get giddy over your pet or baby all the time and you don’t see any problem with that. We all think our babies and/or pets are the best the world has to offer.
4. You learn how to best take care of them. A lot of research goes into deciding to get a pet and how to take care of them. People also tend to do a ton of research when they are having a baby. We want to know what the best things to do for our children and pets are because we want them to be well taken care of.
5. You wonder if you are doing the right thing. Sometimes you have to make tough decision concerning both pets and children. We sometimes wonder if what we are doing is right. It can be hard at times, but it is also great when it all works out. When you are responsible for taking care of someone else, whether a child or a pet, it can be very overwhelming and we can start to second guess ourselves.
6. They are a part of the family. At the end of the day, they are all your children. No matter how many messes they make or how angry they make you, you know that you love them and will always love them. And you know that they will always love you. You always feel the need to protect them and take care of them.
What did you think of the list? Did I leave anything out? Let me know in the comments! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Go follow us on Instagram (@lovegeekygirl) to enter our giveaway! Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!