Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk about being productive. We all know that is important to get things done and work hard. So today I wanted to talk about being productive consistently and what that looks like to me. But before I just into that I wanted to talk about being productive. I used to struggle with the idea that I needed to always be productive. It got to the point where I felt guilty for stopping to eat or sleep. I always felt terrible because I knew there were things I could have been working on. But I have slowly started to change my mindset. No one is meant to work for 16 hours a day. No one is intended to never take breaks or enjoy anything (unless you’re a monk).
Once I realized that I didn’t need to work for 16 hours a day on anything, I started changing my lifestyle. Now I take regular breaks for things that are necessary, such as eating, sleeping, bathing, etc. And I do allow myself time to enjoy my time and relax. However, I still get things done. And I wanted to share with you some tips on how to be productive consistently within the realm of reason. But before we do that I would like to give a shout out to Elusive Muse (@MuseElusive on Twitter) for recently commenting on one of our tweets. Go check out their Twitter and see when their blog is coming. Now let’s talk about being productive consistently.
1. Create a to-don’t list. We all know that when it comes to being productive, we need some kind of to-do list. It keeps us focused and gives us a visual for everything we need to do. However, I find that it is also valuable to have a list of things not to do. This will remind me to not focus on other things and not to worry about things that are on this list. It is a great bonus list to have.
2. Organize your space. Having a clean desk is really the only thing that inspires me to be productive and keep going. If I am working in an organized space, I am more likely to be focused and keep working on whatever I am working on. I won’t be distracted by the mess or things that I find on the desk that shouldn’t be.
3. Eliminate distractions. We all know that it is important to eliminate distractions. I often use this time to charge my phone so it is not on the desk and open a new window with only the tabs open that I am using.
4. Prioritize. Know what needs to get done when, and prioritize those things. If you have something that needs to be done that day, it is important to do it before you do what needs to be done for the next day or week. This way you aren’t putting today’s tasks back on tomorrow’s to-do list.
5. Work in intervals. I work in 20 minute intervals and then give myself five to ten minute breaks. Some people can work in 60-90 minute intervals. You just have to find what works best for. I find that after about 20 minutes I start to zone out, so I get up, walk around, look at my phone, go to the bathroom, etc. Then I come back and keep working on whatever I am working on. It helps keep me from being burned out.
Those are my tips for being productive consistently! What are some of yours? Let us know in the comments! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!