Hey guys! Welcome back. A few of you wanted to know how to make the most out of mornings when you are not a morning person, so I thought this post would be beneficial. There are things you can do in the evening that will help prepare you for the morning and get you up a lot easier (or at least save you some time so you can sleep longer). Either way, here are some things you can do at night that will make mornings easier.
1. Establish boundaries. Boundaries are important in all areas of your life, but they really help in terms of separating everything you have going on. For instance, creating a boundary that makes sure you don’t work past a certain time. A boundary that allows you to only watch one episode of your favorite show. Things like that. These boundaries will give you more time to spend time getting ready for the next and ensuring that you have everything finished that you need to.
2. Write down your morning routine. If you don’t have a set routine, and even if you do, writing it down helps keep you focused and allows you to see what you will need to do exactly. For instance, if you have a presentation you need to get ready for. That isn’t something you most likely normally get ready for, so if you write it down, you will remember and know how to prepare. This will help you in the morning because you will have an organized list ready to go.
3. Shower at night. I know there are avid morning shower people because it helps wake them up, but showering at night will help with mornings too. You can still hop in in the mornings and refresh yourself if needed, but showering at night will help reduce anxiety, relax you, and remove toxins from your body. You will most likely sleep better and wake up just as refreshed.
4. Quickly clean up. Cleaning up and putting things away will help you because when you wake up in the morning you won’t be surrounded by clutter. You also won’t be searching through things trying to find what you need. It will help you relax, get things done, and ensure that you know where things will be in the morning.
5. Pick out your outfit. If you are not like me and don’t plan your outfits as you put them away after doing laundry, planning your outfit the night before can be a huge time saver. It’s one less thing you have to worry about in the morning.
6. Get enough sleep. This is huge. If you go to bed at a decent time and go to sleep, you are more likely to wake up ready to start your day. However, if you only get two hours of sleep, your day is already starting off on the wrong foot. So make sure to set a boundary about when you will go to sleep, and you will have a better morning and a better day.
7. Relax. Spend time writing in your journal, reading a good book, meditating, or whatever else you do relax. Allow your mind to rest from the day and spend time just enjoying yourself. You will go to bed feeling more at ease and your day will start off better the next day. Ending your day on a relaxing note will increase your chances of starting your day on a relaxing note.
Those are some of the things you can do at night to jump start your morning! What things do you do? Let us know in the comments! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!