Hey guys! Welcome back. I wanted to talk a little today about promoting yourself and how to do so. When you are blogging, creating videos, or working for yourself in any other way, it is important to promote yourself. You spend so much time working on your content and your business, so it needs to be promoted. You should feel proud enough of what you are doing to share it with the world.
But I know it’s hard. I used to be so scared to promote my content and all the things I was doing. You will always be afraid that people will criticize or ridicule you. And sometimes, maybe they will. But if it’s what you want and you are passionate about it, then you have to overcome that and promote yourself anyway. No one will believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself first. So here are a few ways you can get in the habit of promoting yourself and growing your image.
1. Make it a part of your routine. Start scheduling promotion into your daily routine. Make it a point to spend time every day or every other day promoting new content, old content, and projects coming up. This will keep your audience engaged in what is going on and remind them of things that are going on.
More people will come to your page if you are active on it. You will get more noticed and you will grow. Scheduling time to promote yourself will reinforce the discipline you need to make it happen and not be so afraid. Don’t just go into it with the mindset that you will “get to it eventually”. Do it now and make it a part of your routine.
2. Focus on your audience. It is important to grow your audience, but it is also important to focus on the audience you have now. Maybe even more so. Your followers right now are the ones you have to convince to stick around. They will also share your content and people will find you through them.
So when you are promoting yourself, talk to the audience you have now. The new followers will feel welcomed because you are talking to everyone. Promote your content to the people who are giving you their attention because they need to feel heard and understood. Give them that time. Answer their questions. Respond to comments. Give them reasons to come back.
3. Share what makes you strong. Share the content that you are proud of. Ideally, you are proud of everything, but you can’t always share everything. So promote the content that makes you feel the most strength and that you feel others will be drawn to and can relate to. You can’t share everything and promote it all the time, so you will have to choose what you think is most vital at that time.
Only share what you feel comfortable sharing. Give your audience enough, but don’t share anything you aren’t comfortable with giving them. You are allowed to keep some things to yourself even when you are promoting yourself. Stay true to who you are and remember that even online you are allowed to have some privacy.
4. Relax. You don’t have to constantly be promoting yourself. You don’t have to spend every moment you aren’t creating promoting. You will become drained and burnt out if you are constantly working like that. So take the time to relax. Remember that just like any other job, it’s important to take time off. Go off and recharge somewhere. You will come back better than ever.
Schedule the times you will promote yourself. This is important in this case, too, because you are not trying to constantly put your content in your audience’s face. You can do it at the end of the day, once or twice a week, or whenever you a free moment. It’s not a full-time job in itself. It’s just part of the bigger picture.
5. Be yourself. Know what your medium is. Whether it is speaking, writing, or creating images, everyone has a preferred method for promoting themselves. I am good at both speaking and writing, but I mostly stick with writing especially when promoting myself. However, everyone has a different method.
You can try different methods to find the right style for you, but once you find you method, stick with it. You don’t have to do everything unless you really want to. Having one medium is enough and your audience will be able to recognize it. Stay true to yourself and remember that part of promoting yourself is being confident in who you are and what you have created.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments how you promote yourself. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!