Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk to you about what I would do if I were starting my blog today. To be honest, there’s not a ton I would do differently, but I think it’s good for us to share our experiences so that we can help others. So if you are starting a blog today, hopefully this will help you. These are the things I would do if I were starting my blog today.
1. Research. I will admit I didn’t do a ton of research before I started my blog. So I didn’t (and still don’t) know a lot about the actual visual parts of my blog. I just know the writing part. So when it comes to the fun visuals, I don’t really know how to do that. I can still learn, but I definitely wish I had done it back then.
2. Spend time promoting my blog. I didn’t do this in the beginning and I really feel like it hurt me. It definitely stunted my growth. So if I were starting my blog today, I would be more involved on social media and promoting my content. Social media helps so much, but of course it’s not everything.
3. Blogging isn’t free. When you start getting serious about blogging, you need to invest in it. Especially if you hope to ever make money. You have to own your domain, buy a design, pay other people for services, etc. It really is all about the money and time you put into it.
4. Audience interaction is crucial. In the beginning I knew building relationships with my audience was important, but I didn’t realize how important it was until much later. So if I were starting over I would definitely spend more time with my audience and building those connections with them.
5. Connect with other bloggers. I connected with a few bloggers in the beginning, but not enough to really build my community. I definitely would have spent more time connecting with them on social media, following their blogs, and just overall spending time with others. These are the people you go to for help. They are kind of like your coworkers and that is important. You aren’t alone.
6. Titles matter. What you call your blog post matters. I don’t believe in click bait, but sometimes you have to spice up your title. If it is generic, people won’t click on it likely. But if you have a catchy heading, people might get curious or might be more likely to click on your content.
Those are the things I would focus on if I were starting today. Did you gain anything from this list? Let us know in the comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!