Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk about unexpected life lessons and some of the lessons I have learned…unexpectedly. I mean, I know for the most part life lessons aren’t really expected, but sometimes they really do come way out of left field. So I wanted to share some of mine because I just think it’s something we can all relate to. We all learn lessons that we didn’t see coming, but that would not have come any other way. So comment below if there are some lessons you have learned that make you feel like they really came out of no where but that you are glad you learned. I just want to know that I am not the only one. But anyway, here are my unexpected life lessons.
1. Sometimes it is best to trust yourself. There have been times in my life that I trusted other people instead of myself. I have let what they think is best for me trump what I thought was best for me. And while sometimes, those people are right, sometimes they are not. So I have learned that I need to trust myself and be the version of myself that I know God created me to be. It’s better that way. Trusting myself will give me the true value that I know I have.
2. It’s okay to fail. No one is perfect at everything. It took me a long time to learn that, but I am so glad that I did. It makes sense. I am not going to succeed at everything I try. But failure helps us learn more that succeeding in most cases. I have learned that it’s okay to find that I am not good at something and move on. It doesn’t mean I am not smart, or strong, or anything. It just means that some things are not for me. But I carry myself through that and walk on.
3. Sometimes life is cruel. Life isn’t just unfair sometimes, it can also be downright cruel. Life sometimes gives us things we don’t think we deserve. They come anyway. But you have to learn to accept those things and know that something great is just around the corner. Because you never know what life is going to hand you and that is an aspect of life that is really excited. Life is cruel sometimes, but you have to hold you head high and remember your strength to get you through it.
4. Unhappy people will try to bring you down. There have been people in my life that have been so unhappy that they tried to tear me down. And it almost worked. But I had to remember that their unhappiness does not control me. I have to make my own happiness. I have to live my own life. They may be jealous and insecure, but that does not dictate my destiny. Their unhappiness cannot cause me to be unhappy unless I let it. So I just remember that I have my life and they have theirs.
5. Kindness should be a daily activity. We don’t really get anywhere in life if we are not kind to others. Being kind and generous is as important as eating and sleeping. It helps make the world a better place. It helps us grow and become more connected. Being kind is important even if you don’t think the other person deserves it. You have no idea what that other person is going through, so being kind to them may change their entire mood and they may also start being kind. It doesn’t hurt to try.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know in the comments what you would like to see next. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!