Hey guys! Welcome back. A problem I see a ton of new bloggers have is coming up with new content ideas. After you run out of things to talk about, it can be difficult to come up with new ideas. Unfortunately, this is where most people give up. They stop posting as much and eventually just quit altogether. So today I wanted to address this issue and hopefully this helps those of you who are struggling to come up with new ideas and provide you with useful tips on how to generate more content ideas.
1. Use you analytics. Your blog and social media platforms have analytics. This is where you can go see how well your blog posts are doing. The views, the likes, the shares, and more. This can help you come up with new ideas for content because if there is a certain blog post that has done extremely well, you can brainstorm topic ideas around that post.
For instance, if you have a post called “Ten Ways To Get Ready For Spring” and you see that it did really well, you can write more posts on Spring or even preparing for something. You can use your posts to come up with new ideas. Look at your analytics to see what you audience is drawn to the most and go from there.
2. Ask your audience. Asking your audience what they want to see is a great way to come up with ideas. Not only does it give you something to write about, but it also gives you the opportunity to give your audience what they want. Turning to social media and the comment section and interacting with your audience will provide you with the perfect ways to get topic ideas.
You can create polls, use Instagram stories, ask for suggestions on Twitter, and so much more. The more you cater to what your audience wants, the more your audience will grow. Don’t be afraid to ask them for suggestions. They will appreciate you asking.
3. Follow trends. A big thing right now is morning and night routines. People love anything that allows them to see other people’s routines. I don’t know why we love them so much, but we do. You could write about things that you see going around on the internet right now. Right about topics that spark your interest and keep you going.
People are more likely to share what you are writing about if they find that others might like what you are saying. Following trends is a great way for others to connect with you and find your blog relatable.
4. Product reviews. People love product reviews. No matter what your blog niche is, there are probably products in that niche that you can review. If you are a fashion blog, you can review clothes, brands, stores, and more. If you have a technology blog you can review new software, different types of technology, and more.
Product reviews are extremely popular and will never go out of style. If you are short of things to write about, you can review a product you have recently tried. Just make sure it is an honest review and you aren’t misleading your audience.
5. Be true to yourself. If you feel comfortable, you could always share personal stories. You could talk about your life, your blog, things you love, and other things. Q&A’s are always popular and it’s just a really great way to connect with your audience. Staying true to yourself is great when you are trying to build a following.
Of course, don’t share anything you don’t feel comfortable sharing or that you don’t want on the internet forever. But don’t be afraid to share with your audience. They will feel a connection with you and are more likely to come back and share with their friends.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!