Hey guys! Welcome back. We all want to improve our lives, but we don’t always have the time to do it. We are looking for small adjustments that can make a huge impact. Well lucky for you, I have come up with a list of small improvements you can make for a better life. And by better, I mean happier and more fulfilling. If this is something that sounds interesting to you, then just keep reading.
1. Declutter your life. Decluttering is so therapeutic and really can help you have a better life. If you want to be happy and have a nicer living situation, I highly recommend decluttering. One of the best things you can do is go through all of your possessions and get rid of things you don’t need or want. Decluttering repairs the spaces in your home that cause the most stress. You will feel so much better once everything is clean and tidy and organized.
2. Make times for friends and family. Being around the people you love will help you live a better life. It will give you time to relax and be around the people who make you happy and inspire you. Sometimes this is the best kind of therapy. Being able to talk and have fun is the best thing if you want to live a better life. Make time for the people who make you want to live a better life and I promise you will see a difference.
3. Spend time outside. I see a dramatic decrease in my anxiety and depression when I spend time outside. There is just something about the warm sun that warms my soul. I believe it is worth setting aside 20-30 minutes everyday (or more if you have the time) and just be outside. You can sit, walk, run, or whatever else your heart desires. It is a great way to relax and just be in the moment.
4. Have a morning and night routine. I feel like a broken record, but I really do swear by this. It is such a great way to have a more fulfilling life because your days will have more structure to them. I know if I don’t follow my routine I feel out of sync and in chaos all the time. So if you want to live a better life and you don’t already have a morning and night routine, I highly suggest creating some so you can have some stability.
5. Do something active. My favorite thing to do is walk around. It helps me relieve stress and it’s a great way to burn some calories. But doing something active is beneficial to everyone. Find the thing you love doing and make time for it. You will feel better about yourself and your life will feel more enjoyable. The options are literally endless, so find something that works for you and your schedule.
6. Rethink your to-do list. If your to-do list has hundreds of things on it (literally or figuratively) you will get overwhelmed and you won’t want to do any of it. Rethink how you are writing your to-do list and what you are putting on it. Start prioritizing what needs to get done and work on your to-do list based on priorities. Instead of thinking you need to get ten things done in one day, focus on your top three. If you get those done, move on to something else.
7. Self. Care. I know I stress this a lot, but that is because it really is beneficial and you will see a dramatic change in your life. If you take the time to take care of yourself you will have a better and happier life. I swear by this. Self care is a small thing you can start doing that really will make a huge difference. Taking time for yourself and allowing yourself to take breaks will change the way you view your work and everything that you have to do.
8. Balance saying yes and no. You don’t have to say yes to everything and you shouldn’t say no to everything. Balance when to say yes and when to say no. If someone asks you to do something and you don’t have the time or aren’t able to do it, then don’t add another thing on your plate. Ask if they can wait or find someone else to do it. Balancing saying yes and no will really help you in the long run.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this is helpful. Please like it if it is. Let me know in the comments what your favorite small improvements are or which ones you will be trying. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!