Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk about work space. Everyone knows that having a cluttered work space leads to being unproductive. So I came up with a list of things that you should remove from your work space so you can be more productive and less stressed. Because all of those things that you have in your work space is getting in the way of actually working. So hopefully this inspires you to do a critical examination of your work space and make it a little easier to work with.
1. Unnecessary organization. I am a huge advocate for organization and anything that helps you organize. However, if you have organization that you don’t really need and all it does is hold junk and take up space, I say remove it. It just makes it easier to keep things you don’t need and it takes up space that can be used to actually get things done. So if you have any organization items that you aren’t sure of their purpose, toss it or give it to someone who can actually use it.
2. Papers and receipts you don’t need. There are some things that you need to hold on to, but I am sure there are things you hold on to that you don’t really need. And then you end up losing all the things you do need. So do a major purge of papers and receipts that you don’t actually need. This will give you more space, less clutter, and a much more organized system. Go through everything and make sure you are only keeping the things you really need.
3. Things that don’t belong. I don’t know about you, but I am the kind of person that piles my desk with things that don’t really belong there. Because my desk is such a central part of my room, I put things there when I need to remember where it is. But I have found that this really just clutters my desk so I found that making sure that things that do not belong there don’t end up finding a permanent home there. If there are things in your work space that don’t belong, find a more permanent place for those items to maximize your work space.
4. Extra supplies. I am a collector of pens, but I know that I don’t need one hundred pens on my desk. So I store them somewhere else and only keep a few pens on my desk. I also don’t keep my tape, stapler, and other things that I don’t use a ton on my desk. They take up unnecessary space and are better kept somewhere else. If you store away any extra supplies, you will have more work space and have more opportunities to use the space to your advantage.
5. Clutter. My desk get cluttered so much and I know I have to clean it off often. Getting rid of clutter makes most of the difference when it comes to maximizing my work space and taking advantage of what I have. I usually have pretty limited space, so I don’t want to waste it by holding clutter. Clutter is such a waste, so I know I need to either throw it away or find a more permanent place for it that is not on my desk. It gives me more space to work with and honestly just makes me feel better.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this please like this post and let me know in the comments what you would like to see in the future. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!