Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Today I wanted to talk about life (as usual), but more specifically how to be happy with the life you are living. I feel like so often we get caught up in the future and how to live better and be better. Which don’t get me wrong, those things do matter, but I think it is also important to learn to be content with your life as it is right now. So here are some ways that you can start being happy today.
1. Accept that you are imperfect. We are all imperfect. We have flaws. We struggle. We fall. We get back up. We grow. We learn. We fail. We succeed. It’s all a part of being human. It is not always easy, but that’s life. To truly be happy with who you are and the life you are living, it is absolutely necessary that you learn that you are not perfect and you won’t get anywhere trying to be. Let go of that mindset and you will be happier.
2. Be yourself. I believe that in order to really be happy we have to okay with being ourselves. I know that I am exceedingly unhappy when I have to pretend to be someone I am not. I may be weird and unusual, but I am me. It is important to learn that you are enough exactly as you are. It is important to understand that the world needs the person you are or God would not have made you that way. Spend time with the people who encourage you to be yourself. Find things that challenge you to grow.
3. Enjoy the things that make you feel alive. For me, it is all about creating things. It is about art and beauty and writing. It is about helping others as I grow and help myself. Finding the things that make you feel the most alive are the things you are going to deem worth living for. It could be your hobby, your job, your kids, your partner, or absolutely anything that you enjoy. Reconnect with yourself and figure out what makes you happy.
4. Choose optimism. If you are always pessimistic, you will never truly be happy with where your life is or the person that you are. If you choose negativity, you will never be able to see the good. So always choose to be optimistic. Try to see the good and positive in situations when you can. Start your day off on the right foot. Give yourself pep talks. Find things that help you stay positive like journaling, daily devotions, and other things.
5. Turn away negative self-talk. Negative self talk is one of the worse things you can do when you are trying to be happy with the life you are living. Your inner critic is the worst person you can listen to in these times. Learn to stop your inner critic by focusing on what you can control and your mindset of the situation. Don’t give in to talking about yourself negatively because that ultimately does nothing.
6. Say no when you need to. Learning to say no is something I am still working on. I sometimes put way to much on my plate and then I get overwhelmed and it becomes difficult for me to be happy. So I recommend practicing saying no when it feels like the right thing to do. It is okay to say no and not take on more than you can handle. It is one of the best ways to have more time to do the things that make you happy.
7. Forgive. Forgiveness is sometimes easier said than done, but it is necessary. You can’t hold on to something you or someone else did or said. You have to let go. Forgiving is for your own benefit. It will help free you from whatever is keeping you down. In order to be happy with the life you are living right now, it is important to forgive and let go. It doesn’t mean you have to forget, it just means you are not holding on to negativity.
8. Make someone else happy. One of my absolute favorite things to do is help other people. It brings so much joy in the world when we help those around us. I like helping out practically like helping someone with something, making something, or donating something they could use. I also find that it makes people happy when I just listen to them. I don’t do anything by listen. Helping people be happy helps me be happy.
9. Be open. Too often people are self-centered and closed off. They don’t have open minds and hearts. Not being open to the good things in life will cause you to miss out on so many wonderful things. You have to be open and understand that good things can’t happen if you don’t let them. If you want to be happy, allow yourself to grow. Start small by changing one thing at a time. Don’t try to be someone new over night. If there are changes you want to make, do them a little at a time.
10. Live your life fully. We all experience setbacks and we all get knocked down. However, it is important to keep going. I have learned that I will never be happy if I don’t take chances and take opportunities as they come. If I know what I want, I should go after it. If it is meant to be, it will happen. I don’t want things to pass by and never know what could have been. So I take things as they come and grow in the process.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments what your thoughts are. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!