Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk about motivation and how to be determined when you aren’t feeling like your best self. I think it is really help to find ways to get back into a spirit of doing things so you can stay on track even when you don’t want to. I wanted to share some ways to get motivated regardless of how low you might be feeling right now. Hopefully these help you and bring that the determination.
1. Know your meaning. Regardless of what it is you are trying to find the determination to do, you need to know why you are doing it. You need to have an understanding of what it means to you and why it matters. Otherwise, you may never find the motivation and it will never get done. You are more likely to do something that you want to do.
2. Keep a planner. Keep track of everything you need to do so you don’t feel as overwhelmed as you might otherwise feel. Keeping a planner will help you know what is going on and help you feel like you have some control. That is a big deal when you aren’t as motivated and need a little push.
3. Break it down. When it comes to determination, you need to find things that your feel like you can manage. Otherwise, that determination will slip away again and you will go back to struggling. Find ways to simplify your tasks and figure out what you need to do and how to get it done.
4. Stop worrying so much about the future. Focus on today and what you have in front of you. You have the time and the head space to focus on everything you can get done today, right now. Don’t worry about what is coming. Focus on what is. This will help you find the determination to make it through the day and accomplish as much as you can.
5. Seek advice. Find someone who you admire or know you would actually listen to. Let them help you find your determination to crush your goals. If you can’t actually be with them call them or watch one of their videos. You are likely to start at least getting that motivation back if not getting it back completely.
6. Listen to music. Listen to music that really pumps you up and motivates you to get started on what you need to do. Having a playlist set up that helps inspire you will give you the determination to do anything and everything. Music really is what make the world go round.
7. Be your own biggest supporter. If you don’t believe in yourself and your goals, no one else will either. It’s important that you can believe in yourself and do what you know needs to be done because the only person you can truly depend on is yourself. People don’t always show up when you need them.
8. Reward yourself. When you have a bad day, but still manage to get things done, I think it’s important to treat yourself. It will give you more motivation and determination next time you don’t feel good enough to get things done. I recommend treating yourself along the way so you do have that motivation to push through.
9. Show, don’t tell. It’s important when it comes to proving yourself and others wrong that you are able to show what you have done. Don’t tell people what you are going to do, show them what you have done. That will be extremely helpful in increasing your determination to keep going strong.
10. Stop being afraid. One of the biggest things that kills your determination is the fear that you are facing. So it’s important to let go of those fears as much as you can and just let yourself face the journey. It’s not going to be perfect and it won’t always be easy, but fear only holds you back it doesn’t protect you.
11. Take a break. If you feel like you have lost determination and don’t feel good enough because you are overwhelmed or exhausted, take a break. Whether it’s an hour or a week take some time to step away. Get your mind off of it and allow yourself to come back once you are in a better head space.
12. Just get started. Remove all the distractions. Be optimistic and anticipate positive results. And then just start doing it. There is never going to be a perfect time and you are never going to feel completely good enough. So you might as well just start doing it and hope for the best.
These are ways to gain back some determination when you just aren’t feeling your best or strongest. Hopefully this list helps you and encourages you to push forward. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you find this useful. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments how you stay determined when you don’t feel good enough. Be sure to share this with friends and family so they can be encouraged as well. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!