Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to share a little bit about anxiety and hopefully provide you with something that you can share with others if you are suffering with anxiety. I know that I have extreme anxiety and there are people in my life who don’t really understand it. So I wanted to kind of share some things I wish those people understood about what I am going through and hopefully it gives you an understanding if you know someone who has anxiety.
1. We can’t control it. Yes there are ways to help ease it and there are ways to cope with it. But there is no real way to control when we feel anxious and when we don’t. It’s a very difficult thing to deal with. It results in a lot of sleepless nights and a lot of missing out.
2. Just because we’re smiling doesn’t mean we’re okay. Sometimes we just have to put a smile on our face and step out into the world. But that doesn’t mean that everything it okay and that we aren’t struggling. You never know what’s going on inside.
3. We need your support more than you know. When you suffer from anxiety, one of the most difficult things to deal with is feeling all alone. So it’s really important to feel like you have the support of other people.
4. Don’t expect us to just bounce back. Anxiety triggers a lot of things, and we can’t just snap out of it. We can’t just go from fear and sadness to being happy and hopeful just because someone tells us to. It simply doesn’t work that way.
5. We’re not angry or upset at you. Dealing with anxious thoughts or feelings sometimes causes others to think we are angry or upset because we are so closed off or guarded. But that’s not true. There’s just a lot of internal emotions that make it more difficult to open up.
6. It feels like hell. There is simply no other way to describe it. It is like feeling sad and worried all the time and not being able to just live your life. It’s a very difficult thing to struggle with when you can’t explain how you feel.
7. Please don’t punish us for being this way. So many times it feels like people are punishing us or making us feel bad for being anxious or not feeling our best all the time. That only makes things more difficult.
8. You can’t encourage us enough. Reminding us that we are not alone and that you are here for us is what we need to hear. We need to be reminded sometimes that you care and that you want to help.
9. We feel like burdens more often than not. I know I always feel like a burden when I ask someone for help. I don’t like projecting my problems on to someone else because I have so many of them.
10. It means the world when we have your support. Your love and support does not go unnoticed. It is such a wonderful thing for someone with anxiety to know that they are not alone. So just know that you mean so much.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Please share if you find this is something people need to see. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!